Premed 101 Forums

Urgent pre-req question

According to Ottawa website... you need

four specific prerequisite courses: 1. one full year course (or two semester courses) in General Biology including laboratory session; 2. one full year course in Humanities or Social Sciences (or two semester courses in separate disciplines; 3. and 4. the equivalent of two full-year courses (or four semester courses) of the following Chemistry courses: i) General Biochemistry without laboratory session; ii) General Chemistry with laboratory session; iii) Organic Chemistry with laboratory session.

Okay, so I have 2 general chemistry with lab, 2 organic chemistry with lab, and 2 bcem with LABs... Is it okay for me to not include the biochemistry portion, but just use the 4 chemistry since I do not technically have no lab biochemistry session?

According to Ottawa website... you need

four specific prerequisite courses: 1. one full year course (or two semester courses) in General Biology including laboratory session; 2. one full year course in Humanities or Social Sciences (or two semester courses in separate disciplines; 3. and 4. the equivalent of two full-year courses (or four semester courses) of the following Chemistry courses: i) General Biochemistry without laboratory session; ii) General Chemistry with laboratory session; iii) Organic Chemistry with laboratory session.

Okay, so I have 2 general chemistry with lab, 2 organic chemistry with lab, and 2 bcem with LABs... Is it okay for me to not include the biochemistry portion, but just use the 4 chemistry since I do not technically have no lab biochemistry session?

You have more than enough

- Cool down - zoom out

Archived