Premed 101 Forums

IPR on transcript

Hello,

On my professional school (dentistry) transcript I had an ongoing course that ran two years for example We took it in second year and it ended in third year and were given a final mark in third year. but on my 2nd year marks that course shows up with IPR (there is no option for that on OMSAS) so i didn't include it under my second year marks, only in my third year marks where there was a letter grade assigned. Will that be a problem? and also do transcripts have like grade legends ie. if something is IPR will they see that means in progress?? Also I have more than 10 courses each year of dental school (all courses in dental school are mandatory) and when I submitted my application it gave a warning "Please note that you have more than ten course lengths on record for the following institutions with the given year and duration. while there are exceptions where this is legitimate, it is not generally expected... would this be a legitimate exception??

Professional degrees at most schools are considered undergraduate so for my post secondary education part of the application I wrote that it was undergraduate, put the program name as dentistry and I put the degree as other doctorate (is this correct). I was originally going to put it as grad, program dentistry and degree as other doctorate but then it would automatically change my program to grad studies and i didn't want ottawa u to get confused and think I did a masters. I wanted to do the latter because I was lazy and didn't want to enter my dentistry marks plus I'm like what's the point ottawa u won't use it to calculate my WGPA but then I thought it would be risky.

Also if the schools all have our transcripts if honest errors were made while putting in your post secondary information will this be a problem. First of all why do they even want us to do it if they have to look at the transcripts anyways to make sure we didn't falsify the information?? lol I never understood that

Thanks!

For the courses, I would ignore that warning. Your case is a legitimate exception.

For the degree being grad vs undergrad, I believe you are right and it is undergrad. However, you are probably better off asking the admissions office directly.

Archived