Premed 101 Forums

Please chance me

Hi everyone,

got my MCAT score back today, and I was very disappointed. I'm now really fretting about medical school and whether or not Ill get in, so please do chance me! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Me: Canadian citizen, hoping to get into any DO or MD school.

MCAT: 24 (9 verbal, 6 bio, 9 physical).

GPA: so far its 3.4 (I'm a 3rd year).

Shadowing: 3 months (480 hours) of shadowing a MD in China Hospital Nephrology Department.

Research: 1 year at a pain research lab. No publications.

Clubs/leadership positions: Wellness Peer, Equity Ambassador, Fundraising Director, Mentoring Club Planning Committee, Health Promotion Team, Co-president at Mental Awareness Club.

I realize that I will most likely need to retake my MCAT for better chances at acceptance. My questions are: my chances of getting based on current stats AND when I should retake my MCAT next summer so that when I apply I would still be considered "early".

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

got my MCAT score back today, and I was very disappointed. I'm now really fretting about medical school and whether or not Ill get in, so please do chance me! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Shadowing: 3 months (480 hours) of shadowing a MD in China Hospital Nephrology Department.

Clubs/leadership positions: Wellness Peer, Equity Ambassador, Fundraising Director, Mentoring Club Planning Committee, Health Promotion Team, Co-president at Mental Awareness Club.

I realize that I will most likely need to retake my MCAT for better chances at acceptance. My questions are: my chances of getting based on current stats AND when I should retake my MCAT next summer so that when I apply I would still be considered "early".

Thank you!

To be honest, you are never going to get into a US MD school with a 3.4 cgpa, Canadian citizen, and a 24 MCAT.

You'll have a shot at a US DO school with a 28-29+ MCAT and 3.4

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Not much chance, you only have done 2 years of school anyways, so you have 2 years left to increase your GPA. And retake the mcat.

Archived