Premed 101 Forums

Too late for Canadian applying to DO?

Hi all,

Is it too late already with a cgpa of 3.83 and a MCAT score of 31(11,9,11) and I submitted my application on Sept 18? I am still waiting for it to get verified; I do not know the verification process would take this long. I applied to 10 Canadian-friendly DO schools. Should I even bother rushing to get my secondaries completed? I understand that my stats are slightly above average for DO schools, but as a Canadian and applying so late, do I stand a chance anymore?

Thank you for the input,

Raymond

Hi all,

Is it too late already with a cgpa of 3.83 and a MCAT score of 31(11,9,11) and I submitted my application on Sept 18? I am still waiting for it to get verified; I do not know the verification process would take this long. I applied to 10 Canadian-friendly DO schools. Should I even bother rushing to get my secondaries completed? I understand that my stats are slightly above average for DO schools, but as a Canadian and applying so late, do I stand a chance anymore?

Thank you for the input,

Raymond

No it's definitely not too late for DO applications. You are about to get verified any day now, then just power through the 2ndaries and fast mail them out. Good thing you applied to only Canadian-friendly sites, so it shouldn't be too bad at all. I'd be expecting the first interviews/interview invites) for you before December probably.

• 4 weeks later...
pcom will not take you

you should have added LMU, msu, ccom, azcom or marion

touro has a new campus- 1hr outside NYC

Definitely add Marian. I have been accepted there and I think other Canadians have been as well. AZCOM extended me an interview and seems to be quite Canadian friendly as does LMU. Of course MSU and CCOM will also accept Canadians.

Archived