Premed 101 Forums

I really need help

Moushumi

I wrote with 12 Physics and no Orgo. Don't think of the prep course as a "course" where they teach you everything from scratch. Think of it as a review for people who have already learned the material. If you want to write in the summer I would suggest finding a good intro the physics textbook and putting some time aside now to learn the physics as you will have a lot of material to cover.

Hi everyone, I wanted to write my mcat this summer! But I was wondering if I only took grade 11 physics and have grade 12 advance functions and calc! Would it be enough for the mcat physics part? Will I able to do it with the prep course?

Or if you can afford one get a tutor, who will focus only on the MCAT high-yield topics.

I wrote with 12 Physics and no Orgo. Don't think of the prep course as a "course" where they teach you everything from scratch. Think of it as a review for people who have already learned the material. If you want to write in the summer I would suggest finding a good intro the physics textbook and putting some time aside now to learn the physics as you will have a lot of material to cover.

This. An MCAT-specific prep book can also be helpful to help set the boundaries of what you need to know, but for completely new subjects, an intro textbook can be very helpful.

Courses and tutors can be helpful if you're really struggling with the material, but for the most part they aren't worth the money they charge.

Archived