Premed 101 Forums

GPA Conversion for Wayne State

lefty07

I'm at UWO for my undergrad & am considering applying to Wayne State for med school. Just wanted to know, what is the GPA conversion in this case?

I've read somewhere that it's 80% = 4.0, 70% = 3.0 etc. but I'm not sure. Is it just an average or each course separately like OMSAS?

Thank you!

Wayne State uses the AMCAS conversion, which is the administration that you have to use in order to apply to US schools.

From my best knowledge, I am almost certain that an 80+ at UWO (and York :D ) is a 4.0 for AMCAS, and thus for Wayne State.

If you want specifics below 80, look for the conversion charts AMCAS posts on their website (https://www.aamc.org/students/download/181676/data/amcas_grade_conversion_guide.pdf)

Just like OMSAS, convert each grade separately and then average all of the grades making sure appropriate weightings are applied.

Cheers.

PS. there are hundreds of threads like this one you made on PM101; maybe research a little before asking the question, since its probably been answered many times.

• 3 months later...
Bump please… I'm so confused. Do all schools use this chart (like OMSAS is the same for all schools)?

On your official UWO transcript, are your final grades listed in percentages (ie. 87%) or letter grades (ie. A)?

Looking at UWO's grade scale on their website, I assume that letter grades are posted on your transcript (converted from %s to letters), therefore any grade above an 80% is an A/A+, thus a 4.0 on the AMCAS Canadian conversion scale.

If your transcript posts %s, which I don't think is the case, since people on this site have been adamant about 80%+ from UWO being a 4.0 on AMCAS, then you would have to post your % grade when filling out AMCAS.

Hopefully that addresses your concern.

Cheers.

Archived