Premed 101 Forums

Retaking a course at another school

I attend the University of British Columbia, and our policy says we cannot repeat a course that we have passed for a better mark, only failed courses can be redone. I have passed Biology 112,but I want to get a better mark in it. What should I do now? I am considering taking the equivalent course at the University of the Fraser Valley this summer. I am only in my first year, but I am interested in applying to Osteopathic Medical schools in the future. Would retaking a course in the summer hurt my chances? I understand DO schools look at the higher mark, but will admissions accept the mark at the University of the Fraser Valley, or only my mark at UBC since I took them at different schools? The equivalent course at the University of Fraser Valley is any 100 level biology course.

Thank you

Thank you for replying, but I would like to keep my options open, as Canadian medical schools are very competitive. I am curious about what DO schools will do if they see an course retaken at another university. Will they count the equivalent course as a retake, or entirely new course?

Archived