Premed 101 Forums

English and Chemistry Requirement

Hi I was wondering if anybody has any advice on the best place to complete both of these requirements.

It challenging to find a place to complete them both, I was thinking Ryerson but I have never attended this school and don't know which courses to take.

Any advice ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm also interested in this question. My school doesn't offer a second gen chem half-credit with labs, so I'm thinking Ryerson or other universities. Did anyone run into any problems when applying with this course for the gen chem requirement?

Also, any comments on doing a second half-credit for intro physics with labs at Ryerson?

Thanks,

tl91

I guess I'm not being completely clear here - first year chemistry at my school is half general chemistry and half organic chemistry (two half-credits). There is a corresponding second-year half-credit course for organic, but not for general chemistry (unless I do analytical chem - which I have no experience in). My school does offer full-year 200-level inorganic chemistry classes with labs, but that seems excessive and unnecessary for the purposes of USMD prerequisites when I could find a half-credit general chemistry course with labs elsewhere. Is there something I'm missing here? Would it look awful on my application?

Archived