Premed 101 Forums

Schools I have a shot at?

After being discouraged from Canada (but will be back next year!) I'll probably test the waters in america. Stats:

GPA: 3.95 (about to finish my third year, most likely will not be lower than this)

MCAT: 37 (12/11/14)

ECs: at best average (working on them!)

Also any general tips for merica would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Apply to all the mid-tier and top tier USMD schools that take internationals you can see yourself attending, and write solid secondaries to explain your ECs more. You should have plenty of interviews and if you are a normal person, acceptances. Good luck!

Edit: Noticed that you're only in 3rd year, you should have much better chances at Canadian schools as a 4th year applicant.

I'm not sure who discouraged you from applying to Canadian schools but they're out of their minds. You have a superb GPA and very strong MCAT score so I don't see why you wouldn't apply to Canadian schools. You're pretty much qualified for all of them, especially McMaster where I can almost guarantee you'd get an interview since GPA and MCAT alone sum up to 64% of your pre-interview criteria. If you do a decent job on CASPer you'll get the interview for sure.

Also, if you're finishing up 3rd year you stand a better chance in Canada than you do in America.

Archived