Premed 101 Forums

Chance me?

I think your GPA and most recent MCAT will make you a strong applicant. Most US schools consider 3.7-3.8 range competitive and your 35 MCAT is definitely above average.

Obviously apply early - Last year I submitted on the first day and my application was verified the next day, whereas some friends applied a week or so after the initial submission date and it took more than 4 weeks to get verified.

US schools tend to give a more holistic review of apps and since you show a 4 point increase in MCAT score, that will definitely help you regardless that you took it 4 times. I also took the MCAT 4 times and I was accepted at 3 US schools this year.

There are lists of Canadian friendly US schools on this forum and on SDN. My advice is to apply broadly, although California and Texas are notoriously difficult states. From my experience, these schools are very Canadian friendly: SLU, BU, MSU, Rosalind Franklin, GW, and Georgetown. If I had stats like yours I would have applied to more top 20 schools.

I'm also on Canadian waitlists... I hope we both get lucky and stay in Canada. I'm really not looking forward to paying US tuition.

Archived