Premed 101 Forums

Police Check Type

Hey guys,

Not sure if I'm overthinking this, but when I went to the police station (York Region), I just asked for a vulnerable sector screen, and it cost me $20.

I was just looking at the offer of admission and it says 'Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check'. However, on the york regional police site, under 'Police Information Check', it specifically says 'It is not intended for individuals seeking employment or a volunteer position working with children or vulnerable persons."

My question is did I get right one done, or should I have done both? I think I'm probably overthinking it, but I'm leaving the country soon and don't want this to come back as an issue since Wendy will be away next week.

I believe the Police Information Check (PIC) on its own is not suitable for people working with children or vulnerable persons. But since you got the PIC with vulnerable sector clearance, you should be fine. It works the same way in Hamilton (where I got mine) - you can get just a PIC, or a PIC with the vulnerable sector clearance (in which case you get an additional form to fill out). The link on the website is probably just referring to a regular PIC, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I believe the Police Information Check (PIC) on its own is not suitable for people working with children or vulnerable persons. But since you got the PIC with vulnerable sector clearance, you should be fine. It works the same way in Hamilton (where I got mine) - you can get just a PIC, or a PIC with the vulnerable sector clearance (in which case you get an additional form to fill out). The link on the website is probably just referring to a regular PIC, I'm sure you'll be fine.

okay that's kind of what I figured. Thanks :)

Archived