Premed 101 Forums

Secondary applications?

It depends on the university. Some schools send it to all, some to those who meet their cutoffs (usually very low so that they can charge you money for the secondary).

After submitting your primary, you will get an email by the university. This email will usually contain a link to the secondary, a username and password to access your secondary and follow your application.

Secondary applications usually ask you a few questions, for example what makes you unique, why xxxx school? what is your future plans and so on.

You need to pay to submit your secondary.

Secondaries are extremely expensive and largely time consuming. However, they are also tailored to the individual school so it does allow the schools to get more specific information about you.

It's a little different than Canada since most schools in this country don't really ask much other than some basic ECs and GPA/MCAT

Thanks I see. I was hoping they would be kind and just let me know right off the bat if my GPA isn't good enough :S

Not sure I want to pay an additional ~$100 for each school I apply to......

Buy the MSAR and look to see if you fit the GPA/MCAt ranges.

Secondaries are extremely expensive and largely time consuming. However, they are also tailored to the individual school so it does allow the schools to get more specific information about you.

It's a little different than Canada since most schools in this country don't really ask much other than some basic ECs and GPA/MCAT

Buy the MSAR and look to see if you fit the GPA/MCAt ranges.

Sent you a PM.

Archived