Premed 101 Forums

Private american schools

Hey!

1) I was wondering if any of the following private schools accept Canadian applicants? They weren't mentioned on the Canadian friendly list - but on the other websites it says that they do ( I don't know how recent that information is)

Drexel University College of Medicine

Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth

Howard University College of Medicine

Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California

Medical College of Wisconsin

Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences

Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

St. Louis

The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

Weill Cornell Medical College

2) This may sounds like a stupid question but if on the MSAR list - it says that a specific school does not accept international students but it does accept out of state students, do I assume that includes Canadians? The reason I am asking this is because I know some schools don't put Canadian students in the same pool as international students, and so I wasn't sure

I can only address the 2nd question but I think there's no rule of thumb there. Unfortunately each school is different and you really just gotta check with them (email/call), unless you've heard of someone getting in/interviewing. For example, I never see Hawaii as a school for Canadian applicants, but a friend of mine in Canada applied and was accepted there last year.

I can only address the 2nd question but I think there's no rule of thumb there. Unfortunately each school is different and you really just gotta check with them (email/call), unless you've heard of someone getting in/interviewing. For example, I never see Hawaii as a school for Canadian applicants, but a friend of mine in Canada applied and was accepted there last year.

THanks! Do you know if the University of Vermont and Howard accept Canadian students by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey!

1) I was wondering if any of the following private schools accept Canadian applicants? They weren't mentioned on the Canadian friendly list - but on the other websites it says that they do ( I don't know how recent that information is)

Drexel University College of Medicine

Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth

Howard University College of Medicine

Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California

Medical College of Wisconsin

Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences

Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

St. Louis

The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

Weill Cornell Medical College

2) This may sounds like a stupid question but if on the MSAR list - it says that a specific school does not accept international students but it does accept out of state students, do I assume that includes Canadians? The reason I am asking this is because I know some schools don't put Canadian students in the same pool as international students, and so I wasn't sure

Can't comment on all of them but Cornell, Penn State, Socal, St. Louis, and Darmouth all accept Canadians.

Howard and Meharry are historically black, but have interviewed and accepted non-black Canadians in the past. Caucasians are fine to apply, as long as you have some form of commitment or experience working with underserved populations(not necessarily the african community)

Archived