Premed 101 Forums

Too late to apply?

Some schools don't operate on a rolling admissions basis, so you wouldn't be disadvantaged in that regard.

But for schools that do operate on a rolling basis, it is kind of late unfortunately. However, if you feel that you can be a competitive applicant, I don't see the harm in applying if that's what you want to do. If you browse MDapplicant profiles, people have gotten interviews on a later submissions to AMCAS.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for replying so quickly! For the future/in case I have to retake the MCAT, should I complete the application before my MCAT is finished/scores are released? I thought you needed the MCAT for a complete applciation.

Also, do you by chance have a list of schools that do not operate on a rolling admissions basis?

Thanks for replying so quickly! For the future/in case I have to retake the MCAT, should I complete the application before my MCAT is finished/scores are released? I thought you needed the MCAT for a complete applciation.

Also, do you by chance have a list of schools that do not operate on a rolling admissions basis?

many schools put your app on hold if you indicate on your primary that you are waiting for a score. and there is a minimum 3 week verification period after you submit your primary.

My stats are average. GPA has been on a upward trend since first year. Last year I got a 3.95, with a cGPA around 3.5. In terms of EC's, I think I have done a fairly good job; to name a few: volunteering at the hospital, several clinical shadowing trips abroad, president of several clubs, undergraduate representative on university committee, research with a poster and pending publication (First author).

• 5 weeks later...

I know its already been said, but for the schools that do rolling admission you would be wasting your time and money to apply at this late stage.

That being said, some schools don't do the rolling admission thing and some schools that do it haven't started looking at primaries yet. So you would be good to go for those! But its all about doing the right research on those schools (Dartmouth etc).

You could start the application, but don't submit, wait to do the school selection process of the application (where you submit and pay) until you get your scores back and you know if you are competitive or not. if you get 35+ go for it! (If only because your EC's and GPA are average)

Archived