Premed 101 Forums

Too Chicken To Check Email For Invite/rejection

Hey everyone,

I applied to ottawa with a 3.90 this year and what I think are great EC's (lots of research, 3 pubs) volunteer etc. I am actually too chicken to check my email. I have had anxiety all day from avoiding this. I'm waiting to go home when class ends to get my sister to check. Is this bad? She doesnt want too. But I checked for her when she passed her USMLE exams and was "good luck" for her. So I am hoping karma will come around if she checks for me ahaha. I know this is utterly silly. I just cant grow the balls to check. But I want to just know already... But I am superstitious so I want to wait. I dont know.... She doesnt want too though.  LOL okay rant over. This is the only school I applied to bc no MCAT yet. I guess I just wanted to see if there are any other people out there that are as weird as me LOL. 

ps I got rejected last year w 3.85. 

Hey there, I understand being scared about getting a rejection. It's not uncommon and it's pretty normal. Is this the only med school that you applied to? Why are you so anxious about Ottawa in particular?

You could receive closure if you do it yourself, but it's honestly normal to be scared

Hey, 

Yeah Ottawa is the only one bc I have not written MCAT. I applied to a bunch of grad programs too for next year and am currently prepping for 2015 MCAT in my gap year. Thanks for replying. I know I want to be a physician and I just dont want to waste any more time in this premed phase of my life... I dont knowwwwww... My heart rate has been way to high I am tiring myself out waiting lol. Im in class and I cant concentrate. I prayed to Jesus, Allah, Buddha and every other single God I could think of lol Not much else left I can do. 

Hey, 

Yeah Ottawa is the only one bc I have not written MCAT. I applied to a bunch of grad programs too for next year and am currently prepping for 2015 MCAT in my gap year. Thanks for replying. I know I want to be a physician and I just dont want to waste any more time in this premed phase of my life... I dont knowwwwww... My heart rate has been way to high I am tiring myself out waiting lol. Im in class and I cant concentrate. I prayed to Jesus, Allah, Buddha and every other single God I could think of lol Not much else left I can do.

Lol, if I were on the admissions committee, I would let you in on your sense of humour alone! I get the feeling though, I'm going through a similar process with the added stress of first generation immigrant parents. Not fun.

I spent like an hour ranting to my parents and friends about the silliness of the premed system after getting my rejection email, and yet here I am, trying to do whatever I can to cater to the whims of this system. The new MCAT honestly looks ridiculous, but I think with your stats that you've outlined above and a good MCAR score (fingers crossed!) will definitely make you that much more competitive and increase your chances! So no worries if you don't get an invite this year, because you can always set yourself up for a better position next year and with a lot more schools as well!

Good luck to you anyways :)

Lol, if I were on the admissions committee, I would let you in on your sense of humour alone! I get the feeling though, I'm going through a similar process with the added stress of first generation immigrant parents. Not fun.

I spent like an hour ranting to my parents and friends about the silliness of the premed system after getting my rejection email, and yet here I am, trying to do whatever I can to cater to the whims of this system. The new MCAT honestly looks ridiculous, but I think with your stats that you've outlined above and a good MCAR score (fingers crossed!) will definitely make you that much more competitive and increase your chances! So no worries if you don't get an invite this year, because you can always set yourself up for a better position next year and with a lot more schools as well!

Good luck to you anyways :)

Hahah awwwwwww :) And i totally get the having to explain the crazy system to everyone around me too - thats one of the reasons why all of my pm101 posts are one rant or another LOL so therapeutic ahaha Thanks for listening. AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOU TOO :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived