Premed 101 Forums

Coping With Being On Waitlist

I've been keeping busy. Working, hanging out with friends, and now starting to prepare for the MCAT. The busier I keep myself the quicker time passes! Which does make the wait a bit better. Although that being said, its constantly on my mind even though i'm keeping myself busy!

I think many people take the time to figure out an alternate for the upcoming year. Some people still have a year of undergrad left, others start exploring master's programs, and as the poster above mentioned some start prepping for the MCAT or sign up for an additional year of undergrad to boost their application for the next cycle. It's nice to prepare for the worst outcome and be ready to face it than to not make the cut and have nothing lined up. But that being said I've also known people who took a year off academically and worked instead and decided to reapply (and were successful)! I know its tough but don't let it spoil your summer. Stay busy, try to avoid refreshing this forum like crazy, if the call/email comes, it will come :)

I think many people take the time to figure out an alternate for the upcoming year. Some people still have a year of undergrad left, others start exploring master's programs, and as the poster above mentioned some start prepping for the MCAT or sign up for an additional year of undergrad to boost their application for the next cycle. It's nice to prepare for the worst outcome and be ready to face it than to not make the cut and have nothing lined up. But that being said I've also known people who took a year off academically and worked instead and decided to reapply (and were successful)! I know its tough but don't let it spoil your summer. Stay busy, try to avoid refreshing this forum like crazy, if the call/email comes, it will come :)

Thanks for the advice! Were you on the waitlist as well in the past?

Archived