Premed 101 Forums

Autobiographical Sketch (Where To Categorize Nserc)

Hello,

I am sure this question has been previously asked on this forum but I have been unsuccessful in finding such threads. The title says it all., I have received an NSERC USRA this summer and am applying to Ottawa this upcoming cycle. To my understanding, NSERC USRA can be considered for awards, research and employment. I have posted in this section of the forums to get the opinions of previous Ottawa applicants that were in a similar situation as myself. Should I repeatedly list my NSERC USRA if I have not chosen my top 3 for any specific category in the ABS? I am lacking research the most so I feel that if I should list it once it should be in that section. However, I feel the same about my awards so I would really appreciate any input from previous or future applicants. Thanks!

NOTE: I am entering my third year UG.

I put it in awards. I don't feel it really fits into the other criteria. Through my time as an NSERC trainee I created and presented a poster which I did list as research. But I don't feel that the work you do as an award holder fits there if it's not a tangible abstract or publication, etc. It's also not really employment. But like you said,people have listed it under all 3 and I don't think OMSAS or uOttawa are too strict about it, so you should probably put it in the category which is the best strategically for your top 15. I would NOT repeat it in different categories though.

Archived