Premed 101 Forums

Mobile Numbers In Hamilton

I hope this isn't too off-topic.

If a student is moving from Toronto to Hamilton with a local Toronto mobile number, any calls to that number from Hamilton will be long distance right? If so, is it advisable to set up a new local number?

For those who moved from a different area code to Hamilton, did you get a local mobile phone when school started? 

I've been away from Canada for a while, so I'm not familiar with long distance calling.

Thanks for reading.

I hope this isn't too off-topic.

If a student is moving from Toronto to Hamilton with a local Toronto mobile number, any calls to that number from Hamilton will be long distance right? If so, is it advisable to set up a new local number?

For those who moved from a different area code to Hamilton, did you get a local mobile phone when school started? 

I've been away from Canada for a while, so I'm not familiar with long distance calling.

Thanks for reading.

There are a lot of plans that have unlimited nationwide calling so calling from Toronto to Hamilton shouldn't be an issue. It would be LD otherwise. I'm fairly sure I'll be getting the OMA plan (looking into it right now) as it seems a pretty decent deal.

We're moving from another province and will be getting Hamilton numbers (my husband and I each) before we move.

There are a lot of plans that have unlimited nationwide calling so calling from Toronto to Hamilton shouldn't be an issue. It would be LD otherwise. I'm fairly sure I'll be getting the OMA plan (looking into it right now) as it seems a pretty decent deal.

We're moving from another province and will be getting Hamilton numbers (my husband and I each) before we move.

Fortunately, I have a plan that does have Canada-wide unlimited calling. However, I'm concerned about the long distance charges if anyone from Hamilton calls my number. 

Fortunately, I have a plan that does have Canada-wide unlimited calling. However, I'm concerned about the long distance charges if anyone from Hamilton calls my number.

Fair point. In that light, probably best to get a local number.

Im with Virgin Mobile and with Canada-wide calling, it's not a problem at all. I'm from Toronto and I have a 416 number but I use it in Hamilton and I've never been charged long-distance calls. I'm sure other companies have something similar, so it may be a good idea to shop around.

Im with Virgin Mobile and with Canada-wide calling, it's not a problem at all. I'm from Toronto and I have a 416 number but I use it in Hamilton and I've never been charged long-distance calls. I'm sure other companies have something similar, so it may be a good idea to shop around.

But do callers from Hamilton get charged long-distance when they call your 416 number? I have the same Canada-wide plan but I don't want people getting charged if they call my number.

Archived