Premed 101 Forums

Dat From Scratch

This is what I used for books:

Princeton Review to study Biology and Chemistry and I went over all the topics that the CDA provided using notes from undergrad+google+textbooks.

For MDT (soap carving) I used RocktheDAT last time and DATBreaker's soap evaluations this time. Both were fantastic, highly recommended.

For PAT all you can do is practice, use the CDA manual and as many practice tests you can get your hands on.

Reading same thing as above, you just have to practice.

For practice tests I used the one provides by CDA manual, IQ Publications and some free tests on DATbootcamp and other websites. There are alot of free tests out there, take advantage of them. And there is no need to waste money on prep courses for the DAT since they are insanely expensive and inefficient.

Here is a list of free practice tests to get you started:

http://www.predent.org.vt.edu/admissions/dat-sample-test-2009.pdf

http://datbootcamp.com/start-training/

Yup, lots of good, free stuff out there. 

Bio and chemistry, learn the theory first. Bio I'd recommend Cliffs AP biology, Ferallis notes, and Ty Jacobs bio notes. Then check out Chad's videos (now free at chadsvideos.com) and first year chem notes for chemistry.

Good luck. 

I'm selling some study materials. Check the buy/sell forum. /notsoshamelessplug

LOL

I used Kaplan that I bought - but since Reading Comp was my nemesis I did everything I could to get my hands on every practice passage I could get my hands on - including med ones - public libraries have previous years prep packages so I just photocopied every brand, every year, med and dent - and just did them all. While the med ones were easier, the volume of practice certainly helped because eventually you run out and each time you practice it needs to be fresh and unseen. 

Archived