Premed 101 Forums

Full Course Loads

I'm a current applicant to Ottawa and I'm wondering if anyone knows about Ottawa's requirements for a full course load. I know that you have to carry a full course load within an academic year, but I'm wondering if you have to take a full course load each semester, or if a slightly heavier course load in one semester can offset a slightly lighter course load in another semester. Specifically, would 5.5 courses in 1st semester and 4.5 courses in second semester meet their requirements for a full course load?

Pretty sure that counts. This is from their website:

"A full-time academic year where the equivalent of four (4) full-year courses is taken is accepted and counted in the WGPA calculation only if the missing course/credit is completed either as an additional course within another academic year or as a summer course. Individual courses taken during a summer session are accepted for the credit value in this instance however the mark obtained is not counted in the calculation of the WGPA. Any year with less than four full-year courses will not count as a full-time year of study. A full-time summer semester does not replace a semester of studies within an academic year."

http://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/eligibility-requirements

Archived