Premed 101 Forums

Work Or Study?

Hello,

I have a borderline gpa for interview invites (3.7 cgpa, 86%), and i was wondering if I should do another academic year 2016-17 or work+ECs. I already have a BSc. Reason I am asking is because current academic years don't count for Ontario dental schools. I personally do just wanna work but b/c my GPA does not guarantee an interview invite, I am wondering what I should do in the meantime. Thank you so much.

I don't have the perfect answer for you, but I can share what my classmates did:) Some completed a master's/phd, worked, went for 5th year, or worked then went back to school for a year. Personally, I think your gpa is fine for Schulich. If I were you I would try to find a meaningful job experience and continue with your extracirriculars/volunteering/shadowing...etc. Hope that helps!

I think I would study some more maybe do a 5th year or a masters, your grades (percent wise) aren't bad for UWO but your 3.7 gpa could use some work if you want to have have a better chance at uoft. As you said grades aren't everything, the great equalizer really is the interview but thats only if you make it to the interview. Best of luck!  :)

Archived