Premed 101 Forums

Md/phd Waitlist

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure they will waitlistt however I can imagine there wont be a lot of movement. If MD PHD applicants are not accepted to the program, they fall back to the general pool of MD applicants so your interview score and GPA will be used in the same pool as any other MD applicant to determine if you receive an offer of admission to the MD program (on its own), this is an automatic process.

Good luck!!!

Mr Duck

I am sure they will waitlistt however I can imagine there wont be a lot of movement. If MD PHD applicants are not accepted to the program, they fall back to the general pool of MD applicants so your interview score and GPA will be used in the same pool as any other MD applicant to determine if you receive an offer of admission to the MD program (on its own), this is an automatic process.

Good luck!!!

Mr Duck

Thanks! It ended up turning out well for me, so there was some movement!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the excellence list they generate for md/phd selection different from the interview score for regular MD program?

Ie, is the PhD committee's selection of candidates separate from the MD interview score

@theDonald

I applied for PhD, but did not get any feedback and I do not know if I am still in the running. Did any of you get feedback about PhD ?

I applied for PhD, but did not get any feedback and I do not know if I am still in the running. Did any of you get feedback about PhD 

I think the PhD committee first go through and pick who they think is theoretically admissable to PhD. Then the MD people look at and decide who is admitable to MD. (This may be in the opposite order). The people that meet both requirements are ranked and invited to interview. 

@MeDocs, You applied to MD/PhD and didn't hear? Did you hear about your MD interview? MD/PhD positions have already been selected and unless the students who have accepted drop out last minute, the selection process is over

I think the PhD committee first go through and pick who they think is theoretically admissable to PhD. Then the MD people look at and decide who is admitable to MD. (This may be in the opposite order). The people that meet both requirements are ranked and invited to interview. 

@MeDocs, You applied to MD/PhD and didn't hear? Did you hear about your MD interview? MD/PhD positions have already been selected and unless the students who have accepted drop out last minute, the selection process is over

At my interview I asked and they said they could not tell me more about my PhD application so like you, I have no idea what has happened or will happen to my Phd application

And from the uOttawa site, it is written that de MD committee first go through and give to the PHD commitee which candidates are eligible. According to the site, if eligible, a PHD member should participate to the interview, so since there were not any at my interview, I'm guessing I am only a MD applicant...

At my interview I asked and they said they could not tell me more about my PhD application so like you, I have no idea what has happened or will happen to my Phd application

And from the uOttawa site, it is written that de MD committee first go through and give to the PHD commitee which candidates are eligible. According to the site, if eligible, a PHD member should participate to the interview, so since there were not any at my interview, I'm guessing I am only a MD applicant...

If you were interviewed for MD/PhD the interview invite would have said you have been invited to interview for MD/PhD. For a few of the other schools i applied to for MD/PhD I never heard back for the PhD portion either, I just got an MD invite and I took that to mean I was not selected for the PhD portion. 

Archived