Premed 101 Forums

French Classes In Montreal

choghok

Hey everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone here took French classes in Montreal that could prepare them for the French admission test at UdeM? 

I have not used my French much since Cegep French courses and I am planning on applying to the French schools next year. 

I know there are many classes in town, but I really appreciate it if anyone could suggest a specific course that they find helpful for the purpose of applying to french medical schools? 

Thank you :)

A course is overkill tbh...

How confortable are you with self-directed learning? You could save a lot of money by just consuming more French media (particularly reading!!!), using French when going out and using tools like the CCDMD (Centre collégial de développement de matériel didactique).

If you really REALLY need a class, you could:

1) Reach out directly to Udem language school, take their placement test and ask them, depending on your scored proficiency, what French litt. or French-as-SL course is best suited to prepare for the TFI/TFA. Any one of FRS 2706, FRA 1903, FRA 1904, should cover your bases and more.

2) Try your luck with a 601-101 or 601-104 (NOT 602-xxx) at a French Cegep or cegegadistance.

3) Just take any intro French litt. (NOT F-as-SL!!!) course at your school.

Hey everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone here took French classes in Montreal that could prepare them for the French admission test at UdeM? 

I have not used my French much since Cegep French courses and I am planning on applying to the French schools next year. 

I know there are many classes in town, but I really appreciate it if anyone could suggest a specific course that they find helpful for the purpose of applying to french medical schools? 

Thank you :)

I took the TFA this year for my UdeM application, and being born and raised in Ontario, I hardly knew any French when I moved to Montreal but taught myself over the years via online tools and making francophone friends. The way I prepared for the TFA was to buy the prep package that comes along with it for an additional fee, did their practice tests, and then reviewed the answers thoroughly. I found that the level of french was not so difficult; it was more concentrating through the 3 hours, especially when the oral sections are said only once and if you're sleepy in the morning as I was, you can miss a few seconds and then you don't know what the answer is. So practicing how to concentrate through it is important. UdeM requires a mark of 850 out of 990, and even with a bit of dozing during the test I got  910. With your background, if you start watching some shows and reading french now, you'll be all set for next year.

Archived