Premed 101 Forums

Umanitoba Acceptance/Waitlist Thread

3 minutes ago, mghv22 said:

I am trying to find out what the stats are for the wait list from previous years but haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone know what the average number that is accepted from the wait list? 

2016-2017 was 7,

2015-2016 was 5

28 minutes ago, ndubs12 said:

Do you know if IP and OOP waitlists are separate,  or if they're both combined? 

An OOP waitlist doesn't exist. If a OOP student declines their spot, it goes to an IP student. Typically there are 12 people on the waitlist in total. Goodluck!

16 minutes ago, ndubs12 said:

So OOP students can't get off the waitlist? 

No

10 minutes ago, mghv22 said:

Does anyone know if the next person on the list receives an acceptance letter right away if a candidate declines, or is it all on the 29th of June?

Last year the first 4 people on the waitlist had already been offered admission before the rankings were sent out

On 6/15/2017 at 1:14 PM, mghv22 said:

Does anyone know if the next person on the list receives an acceptance letter right away if a candidate declines, or is it all on the 29th of June?

I was waitlisted and was wondering this too

AGPA: 4.29

DAT: 20.25

IP

On 6/16/2017 at 3:44 PM, mghv22 said:

Anyone have an idea if the waitlist has moved at all? I am checking my E-mail every five minutes!

I called admissions and asked how the whole waitlist thing worked and if an invite automatically gets sent out when someone declines their offer and they said that it doesn't work that way. The people at admissions have to manually send out the email to the next person on the waitlist. So there's an in between process that basically depends on how fast admissions does their job. I feel like because they have multiple waitlists right now and invites for dent just went out, our waitlist probably hasn't moved just yet. 

16 hours ago, emaslan said:

Lol, same. I called admissions and asked how the whole waitlist thing worked and if an invite automatically gets sent out when someone declines their offer and they said that it doesn't work that way. The people at admissions have to manually send out the email to the next person on the waitlist. So there's an in between process that basically depends on how fast admissions does their job. I feel like because they have multiple waitlists right now and invites for dent just went out, our waitlist probably hasn't moved just yet. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long someone has to either accept or reject their offer of acceptance?

I thought there's only one wait list??

Archived