Premed 101 Forums

Did I inadvertently mess up my chances for 2yGPA calculation??

Hey everyone, 

I have a question about whether I am eligible for the 2yGPA calculation. 

Every year in my undergrad except for one I did two semesters minimum with minimum of 3 courses each ("full-time"). The exception was during my final year when I only did one semester of 3 courses because I only needed that many credits to graduate... Since then I have completed other years of courses outside of my degree, including 2 years of full-time school. I was hoping that those grades could be used to determine my eligibility for Queen's, but since reading further on the threads here and the admissions info on the website for Queen's I am convinced I am screwed.

Does this ruin my chances for the 2yGPA? Without it I may as well not bother applying to Queen's. Why did I do this :( and why did no one tell me it would mess up my chances for post-grad stuff later on :'(

I think you might still have a shot. On their website, they say your 2YGPA is "most recent two full-time years GPA". If your undergrad was four years and your fourth year was the one where you only did one semester with three courses, that might mean your most recent two full-time years GPA is your second and third year GPA. Contact them to confirm though.

https://meds.queensu.ca/academics/undergraduate/prospective-students/applying/application-process

Since I completed my undergrad I have done unclassified studies at a full-time level for two years (2015/16 and 2017/18), was hoping these would be the grades I get to use.

In case this is relevant for anyone else, I will post the response I get from them when I receive it.

We'll see!

I was most concerned with whether having done a part time year (only one semester in a year) would preclude me from being eligible for 2yGPA calculation even though I completed those two full years after the part time year (and also after I graduated). I hope that makes sense.

Anyways, by their response it seems that they will consider my 2yGPA regardless of my having a part-time year previously.

So that's good news :) I was seriously worried :o

1 hour ago, Electrophoresis said:

I was most concerned with whether having done a part time year (only one semester in a year) would preclude me from being eligible for 2yGPA calculation even though I completed those two full years after the part time year (and also after I graduated). I hope that makes sense.

Anyways, by their response it seems that they will consider my 2yGPA regardless of my having a part-time year previously.

So that's good news :) I was seriously worried :o

Ah good, but that does make sense that they would. :)

Archived