Premed 101 Forums

Canadian DAT Biochemistry Content

Hi there,

I was wondering how much biochemistry content is found on the DAT. I'm unsure if I should take BCHM pt 1 during third year (before writing DAT) and then take BCHM pt 2 in fourth year (after writing DAT). Any opinions I would appreciate to hear! 

Thanks. 

The biochem content is not that extensive. Id say you would be fine with part 1 before and part 2 later- but I don't know exactly what is covered in each course. You could request the syllabi and compare the content to the DAT content list on the CDA website.

Make sure to review the biochem section in Cliffs AP bio - this was sufficient for me.

On 6/7/2018 at 11:45 AM, ariman1020 said:

Hi there,

I was wondering how much biochemistry content is found on the DAT. I'm unsure if I should take BCHM pt 1 during third year (before writing DAT) and then take BCHM pt 2 in fourth year (after writing DAT). Any opinions I would appreciate to hear! 

Thanks. 

Not taking a class should not defer you from taking the DAT later. You can honestly learn all the biochem in the summer for the DAT. But if you had to choose between the two, I would do biochem 1 (atleast from my school). But then again every school is diff so i would check with the syllabus

Archived