Premed 101 Forums

Although Ottawa & UofT both review extra curricular activities, your GPA will help compensate for weaker ECs. You can also make your ECs stand out with the way you word your autobiographical sketch. Definitely hammer out your ABS/LORs/Personal Essays/Casper, and I think you're well on your way towards interviewing at Ottawa/UofT. That being said, you may want to follow a passion or do an activity that makes you stand out for future cycles. 

You don't meet Western MCAT cutoffs (No interview there), and Queens look unlikely as a 508 is relatively low for that school. Although your GPA is strong, a 127 in CARS is also on the lower end for McMaster and you'd need to do quite well in casper. I wouldn't bank on interviewing at these schools. However, Mac is a possibility contingent on a stellar casper. I would encourage retaking the MCAT if you don't feel content with being competitive at just two schools in Ontario. 

A side point -- these forums are pretty dormant during the off season. Feel free to keep the what are my chances posts coming :) 

1 hour ago, Potentiate said:

Although Ottawa & UofT both review extra curricular activities, your GPA will help compensate for weaker ECs. You can also make your ECs stand out with the way you word your autobiographical sketch. Definitely hammer out your ABS/LORs/Personal Essays/Casper, and I think you're well on your way towards interviewing at Ottawa/UofT. That being said, you may want to follow a passion or do an activity that makes you stand out for future cycles. 

You don't meet Western MCAT cutoffs (No interview there), and Queens look unlikely as a 508 is relatively low for that school. Although your GPA is strong, a 127 in CARS is also on the lower end for McMaster and you'd need to do quite well in casper. I wouldn't bank on interviewing at these schools. However, Mac is a possibility contingent on a stellar casper. I would encourage retaking the MCAT if you don't feel content with being competitive at just two schools in Ontario. 

A side point -- these forums are pretty dormant during the off season. Feel free to keep the what are my chances posts coming :)

I've heard a lot of conflicting accounts of ABS and the pre-interview stage at Ottawa. Even on this forum, some people say it factors in before, some say after, i have no clue what to believe haha. Really wish it was more transparent... But thanks for your insight, good to know its not a lost cause yet !

Archived