Premed 101 Forums

ABS Research employment + publications

1. Would you create different entries for a paper and a poster/oral presentation for the same project? or put everything into "type of publication" for a single entry...

2. I worked for 2 summers on research scholarships in a research lab from which I produced posters/papers. I have entries in Research (for productivity) and Awards (for the scholarships), but haven't put in an employment entry. Would it be valid to have an employment entry so that number of hours and specific responsibilities are mentioned?

Personal preference, it can be argued different ways how you want to go about doing so. 
For me, I put down my role as a research assistant as employment, and wrote about the scut work I had to do. Then the specific projects, papers, presentations all got their own entry in research. Awards received for each project got their own entry to explain award, competition, etc. 

Some say its good to be thorough, others say that you should be concise because it can get confusing what entry is for what job/project. 

5 hours ago, chiynadoll said:

Personal preference, it can be argued different ways how you want to go about doing so. 
For me, I put down my role as a research assistant as employment, and wrote about the scut work I had to do. Then the specific projects, papers, presentations all got their own entry in research. Awards received for each project got their own entry to explain award, competition, etc. 

Some say its good to be thorough, others say that you should be concise because it can get confusing what entry is for what job/project. 

This was my method too and I think it makes sense to do it this way :)

Archived