Premed 101 Forums

Submitting ASB via SAM

Hey, ya I agree with adding no names etc. to file because the purpose of using initials is to keep the process anonymous. 

And it doesn't say anywhere to rename the file right? So I would keep is as it is and submit it!

Has anyone contacted admissions about this maybe and can chyme in? 

6 hours ago, T-cell said:

Hey, ya I agree with adding no names etc. to file because the purpose of using initials is to keep the process anonymous. 

And it doesn't say anywhere to rename the file right? So I would keep is as it is and submit it!

Has anyone contacted admissions about this maybe and can chyme in? 

I already uploaded the file but are we allowed to change the file name after?

Is anyone else getting an error where their file is too large to upload? Mine is coming out to 8.3 MB whereas the max upload is 5 MB. 

Edit: I used smallpdf.com to compress it, but maybe try copying from word/google docs --> notepad --> pdf before you submit. I double checked everything after compression for typos. 

1 hour ago, dehindu said:

Is anyone else getting an error where their file is too large to upload? Mine is coming out to 8.3 MB whereas the max upload is 5 MB. 

Edit: I used smallpdf.com to compress it, but maybe try copying from word/google docs --> notepad --> pdf before you submit. I double checked everything after compression for typos. 

How'd yours get so big? o.O Although I have yet to finish, it still hasn't passed a megabyte...

10 minutes ago, Rabeprazole said:

How'd yours get so big? o.O Although I have yet to finish, it still hasn't passed a megabyte...

LOL, wondering the same thing!

Also, did anyone else write their essays in a word doc and then copy and paste them in to the boxes in the PDF? Cause I did and I might be really tired from editing all day but it looks like some boxes have different fonts...

14 minutes ago, T-cell said:

LOL, wondering the same thing!

Also, did anyone else write their essays in a word doc and then copy and paste them in to the boxes in the PDF? Cause I did and I might be really tired from editing all day but it looks like some boxes have different fonts...

I also did and I also noticed the difference, however I believe that the PDF resizes the font based on how much you write. For example, when you first write in a text box it's bigger, but as you fill it up, the font automatically decreases. It's not like it changes to a different typeface though. No need to worry!

1 minute ago, Rabeprazole said:

I also did and I also noticed the difference, however I believe that the PDF resizes the font based on how much you write. For example, when you first write in a text box it's bigger, but as you fill it up, the font automatically decreases. It's not like it changes to a different typeface though. No need to worry!

Ok, sounds good! Best of luck with your app:)) 

Archived