Premed 101 Forums

HELP :issues with 5 th year at uottawa

Hi,

I am about to finish my degree, but I will need a 5th year since my first two years where not full time. My university told me that I can take 8 extra courses before graduating and that those course will be credited ( 3 credits in my transcript) . However, the Ottawa medschool will see that I will finish with more credits than 120.  They will know that some courses that where taken will me extra and not mandatory to graduate. 

Should I graduate then and start a new degree?

Thanks

2 hours ago, PREMED 202 said:

Hi,

I am about to finish my degree, but I will need a 5th year since my first two years where not full time. My university told me that I can take 8 extra courses before graduating and that those course will be credited ( 3 credits in my transcript) . However, the Ottawa medschool will see that I will finish with more credits than 120.  They will know that some courses that where taken will me extra and not mandatory to graduate. 

Should I graduate then and start a new degree?

Thanks

Maybe try adding a minor? Then technically you will still need those courses to graduate but you will still have more than 120 credits at the end of the day. Trick also is that the minor would have to have very few or no lower level courses. Need to talk to your academic advisor about this.

What's your GPA? If your GPA is good then no need to do a second degree unless you want to do something like a 2-year accelerated nursing degree for a backup career. 

Best of luck :)

for my first year: 3,88 ( 6 courses including a part-time semester)

for my second year: 3,61

third year: 3,925

fourth year : I have not received all the results yet for the first semester but it will probably look like the third year

my global gpa for all the courses ( including the grades received in fall 2018 is 3,84)

I am totally lost

Archived