Premed 101 Forums

Multiple presentations for thesis

Mediocre2Med

I was wondering how I should include the conference presentations I have done. I have a few poster presentations, a rapid pitch, a three-minute thesis and an oral presentation. It would be 5 presentations at 3 different conferences based on my master thesis (one project). I wasn't sure if I should include them as one entry because they are based on the same project or whether it would be better to include them by event or each separate. Thanks! 

I would say it depends on the structure of the application you're working with. If this is for a CV, you would definitely separate them into separate entries.

If you have limited space to talk about this on a med application   you're probably best off picking the most "impressive" presentation (i.e. national/international conference for which the abstract was published, if possible) and then speaking to what skills you gained from it. 

depending on the format of the application, if you can list them all separately, do so. just make sure you use the space given to explain how each poster/presentation might differ from one another. even if the topic was more or less the same, the nature of each event you presented at was probably different (maybe one was for gene editing specifically, but another one just wanted posters about gene sequencing in general, etc) so you can list them separately and have a rationale for each one. 

Archived