Premed 101 Forums

interview invite criteria for international students

Derek25

4 hours ago, jigglypuff said:

Yeah, the mccqe1 and nac scores will be used for the 2020 cycle. For ontario FM, I believe mccee scores can still be used.. I remember reading something like that. Check the carms website though, they keep changing things.

Checked CaRMS website. They've said MCCEE is being phased out, but as I'm looking they have not listed MCCQE1 as the new requirement prior to  matching, so I was wondering if it would be required once the individual starts residency, like CMG's? I may be wrong. Heres their current description below:

Additional Eligibility Information for IMGs:

The National Assessment Collaboration (NAC) Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) is mandatory for all IMGs. The results are required by the file review opening date. For more information click on the following link National Assessment Collaboration | Medical Council of Canada

IMGs must have written and passed the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE) Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination . MCCEE results must be provided by the File Review Date. Please review specific residency program descriptions for more information. Starting in 2019, the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) will be delivering the MCCQE Part I in Canada and internationally in over 80 countries up to five times per year. Once the MCCQE Part I is offered internationally, all candidates will be challenging this examination directly, without first having to pass the MCCEE. As a result of this change, MCC will be phasing-out the MCCEE.

Oh okay, yeah I get what you mean. But I think the reason why its not stated on carms yet is because the 2019 cycle is still going on.. they'll probably update it in a few months.

The thing I was talking about was regarding Ontario FM.. got this from carms.ca under uoft FM img stream.

"As MCCEE will be phased out, the following examination results will be required for the 2 subsequent admission cycles:  2020 CaRMS cycle: (1) NAC and (2) MCCEE [results from 2016 or 2017 or 2018] OR (1) NAC and (2) MCCQE1 [results from 2019]  2021 CaRMS cycle: (1) NAC and (2) MCCQE1 [results from 2019 or 2020])"

Archived