Premed 101 Forums

Testing Solutions CARS guide

Leyan

I've been looking for the testing solutions guide to CARS (It used to be free online on Student Doctor Network) but I can't find it anymore, and all previous links are no longer working. Does anyone know if it's still possible to access it? I remember it as being a very helpful ressource to studying for CARS.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Downfall said:

did you do it? I have like a month and 10 days till my MCAT exam and I'm not sure whether I should go through it or just stick with my current strat

I have been following it and definitely notice a difference but I also am not the type to follow it to a T. I took away the tips I liked and kinda made them my own. I would recommend going through it (their tip on timing was key I felt- 4 minutes on engaged reading and about a minute per question- I literally jump around in my seat while reading to engage and add emotion LOL). He says not to look back while doing questions but I find that with the 4 minutes of reading, I definitely have enough time to look back at the passage for the more specific, detail dependent questions and still finish on time. I'm on Day 23 right now and going to start AAMC material this week so I think that's where I'll really know if it's made a difference. I wrote the MCAT last year and was scoring 128 consistently on the AAMC stuff after glancing over testing solutions material. I did end up with a 126 on the actual MCAT however, but I think that's because I went back and changed like 4 answers in the last 5 minutes of the section which I had never done while doing practice before and that's what dropped my score. At the same time though, I wrote the old mcat years ago and had a 7 on VR so testing solutions definitely made a difference for me. 

4 hours ago, Teachdoc said:

I have been following it and definitely notice a difference but I also am not the type to follow it to a T. I took away the tips I liked and kinda made them my own. I would recommend going through it (their tip on timing was key I felt- 4 minutes on engaged reading and about a minute per question- I literally jump around in my seat while reading to engage and add emotion LOL). He says not to look back while doing questions but I find that with the 4 minutes of reading, I definitely have enough time to look back at the passage for the more specific, detail dependent questions and still finish on time. I'm on Day 23 right now and going to start AAMC material this week so I think that's where I'll really know if it's made a difference. I wrote the MCAT last year and was scoring 128 consistently on the AAMC stuff after glancing over testing solutions material. I did end up with a 126 on the actual MCAT however, but I think that's because I went back and changed like 4 answers in the last 5 minutes of the section which I had never done while doing practice before and that's what dropped my score. At the same time though, I wrote the old mcat years ago and had a 7 on VR so testing solutions definitely made a difference for me. 

cool I'll check it out, and good luck with your upcoming exam. I hope its the last one you'll need to take! I recently bought the NextStep 101 passages and I'm gonna try to get through some of it before AAMC