Premed 101 Forums

Failed LMCC Part 2 by one point. Anyone ever have success with "Request reconsideration"?

Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian resident and unfortunately got the results that I failed by 1 point. Requested score recheck - $245 wasted because score stayed the same.
I did have some medical problems going on and could receive a medical letter about it for submitting a "request for consideration", to possibly have my score be changed from "fail" to "no standing", so I have more opportunities to rewrite the exam (at this point, after 4 attempts, you cannot write it any more, so that's kinda scary to think about).

Just wondering, though, if anyone has ever submitted a "request for reconsideration" and managed to have a fail changed to a pass? The LMCC website says it can only either stay as a fail or go to no standing, they say a fail cannot be changed to a pass as a result of a "request for reconsideration", but where I'm only 1 point away and have medical reasons, I wonder if it's possible (if it has ever been done before?). If someone managed to change it from a fail to a pass with "request for reconsideration", what did you say that made that successful?

Another question... I've heard a lot of people say this exam may eventually become unnecessary for licensure. Anyone have more info on that? For example, shortly after I wrote the MCAT, my school dropped it as a requirement. Shortly after I did my med school prerequisites, my med school dropped all those requirements too. I don't wanna drive myself crazy trying to pass this exam if it's going to become obsolete soon.

Thanks for any info and advice!!