Premed 101 Forums

Anyone been to Teacher's College in Ontario?

quick question: since the B.Ed is an undergraduate degree, can the marks we obtain be used to calculate our med school GPAs?

It depends. Queen's BEd program is completely pass/fail, so no, those marks are not used in calculating a med school GPA. In fact, if I remember correctly, I seem to remember a part in the OMSAS booklet saying something along the lines of "graduates of professional programs (ie. education, law, meds, etc) will be considered on an individual basis".

It depends. Queen's BEd program is completely pass/fail, so no, those marks are not used in calculating a med school GPA. In fact, if I remember correctly, I seem to remember a part in the OMSAS booklet saying something along the lines of "graduates of professional programs (ie. education, law, meds, etc) will be considered on an individual basis".

I'm going to assume most of the Ontario BEd programs won't count. If any do, consider it a nice surprise.

• 9 years later...

You must meet certain requirements to be certified by the College. We detail exactly what you need to become certified, whether you’re educated as a teacher in Ontario or elsewhere around the world. Any voluntary activity is also encouraged. For example, if you are struggling with homelessness, then this will be a positive fact when evaluating. More about this can be found here https://samples.edusson.com/homelessness-essay/. If you have published essays or articles, this is also a positive factor. Curious about the job market for teachers? The College follows the experiences of teachers as they begin their careers and through their first few years. Our annual Transition to Teaching reports take you inside the lives of new teachers