Premed 101 Forums

Any input would be appreciated!

you have no chance, your gpa will hold you back....... lol im joking, your marks are great, you should be good applying to mid-high tier schools. I dont think the 2.0 second year course thing matters. English you can take during the application cycle but most of your pre-reqs should be done before you apply. When i applied i was missing one english and one orgo.

So im not sure if they look at ur application negatively if your missing a lot of pre-reqs (they might), but i think missing 2 courses is generally ok.

you have no chance, your gpa will hold you back....... lol im joking, your marks are great, you should be good applying to mid-high tier schools. I dont think the 2.0 second year course thing matters. English you can take during the application cycle but most of your pre-reqs should be done before you apply. When i applied i was missing one english and one orgo.

So im not sure if they look at ur application negatively if your missing a lot of pre-reqs (they might), but i think missing 2 courses is generally ok.

That 31 will definitely hold OP back at any high tier school since their 10th percentile MCAT is generally in the 32-34 range. However, a 4.0/31 will set you up nicely for the majority of American schools.

None of the problems you think you have aren't problems. Grab a MSAR, look up school stats and see if they take internationals. And apply early.

Decent shot at mid-tier schools with those stats, provided that you apply early!

English isn't a problem, as long as you indicate on the application you will be taking them (list them as 'future courses')

The 2nd year courses won't be an issue

The crucial thing is applying early. You are able to submit the application as of June 1st. Because the US operates on rolling admission, an early submission ensures you are among the first people reviewed (when no school has given out any interviews or acceptances yet, so you have a much higher chance of getting one). I cannot stress how important it is to apply early! Your MCAT score can hurt you if you apply late.

Decent shot at mid-tier schools with those stats, provided that you apply early!

English isn't a problem, as long as you indicate on the application you will be taking them (list them as 'future courses')

The 2nd year courses won't be an issue

The crucial thing is applying early. You are able to submit the application as of June 1st. Because the US operates on rolling admission, an early submission ensures you are among the first people reviewed (when no school has given out any interviews or acceptances yet, so you have a much higher chance of getting one). I cannot stress how important it is to apply early! Your MCAT score can hurt you if you apply late.

Thanks for the input.

Archived