Premed 101 Forums

Advice on residency/GPR

For those of you here who have or doing a GPR at a canadian school, i needed some advice:

I have tried searching this but am unable to find out what the grades requirements are like for GPRs at canadian schools.

What type of ecs and grades would be needed for someone planning on doing a GPR?

thanks

I was wondering the same. It's hard to find any info on GPR, how competitive it is to get into and what the benefits of attending GPR are..

anyone who's in GPR??

most people I know who are in/are going to be in GPR have relatively good grades, although I don't think it matters that much. some are doing it to increase their chances of matching into a specialty program like OMFS because nowadays pretty much all OMFS require a year of GPR before being admitted. Some do it to gain more experience just because they don't feel ready to practice after dental school. And from what I know, GPRs vary quite a bit depending on where you do it. Some are heavily oriented for pediatric like the one in sick kids in toronto and I hear my school offers a lot of surgical exposure ie lot of wisdom teeth exo but not so much of other aspects of dentistry. And different programs vary in stipend too.

thanks for the replies. does anyone know if uoft gives out class ranks to its students? is it possible to get that info?

U of T doesn't rank it's students. It's not visible anywhere, not on our transcripts, not in Dean's letters, not on ROSI, nowhere. Something of a double-edged sword.

Archived