Premed 101 Forums

DAT carving

Hello all,

I am applying to dentistry at UdeM and you need to get at least 5/30 on the manual dexterity test. That seems like a very low score. How hard is it to get a 5? I already practiced on two soaps and it wasn't too bad. Measurements were good, angles were good, the surfaces weren't very smooth but I'll be working on that.

9 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

not very difficult at all. From the November DAT's score distribution, only 1 or 2 people got a score of 5 and everyone else got a score above that (if i recall correctly).

you should be fine, bonne chance!

wow.. so whats the point of writing the test if everyone gets that score? This shit is expensive.. you also need 10/30 on the perception test so I'm assuming that's also easy to get.

27 minutes ago, BMT said:

A 5???? If you go and scratch your balls you'll get a 5. Are you sure there isn't a typo where they could have meant a 15 instead of a 5??? Check with them. That's my advice. 

Not a typo.. the other French university in Quebec, Laval university, also requires a 5/30 on the dexterity test. 

yeah they do, but thats just a requirement, so as long as u meet that requirement, they dont look consider that score when determining who to give an interview to. so i agree with u FutureMD-QC, im not sure why they require it honestly:/  maybe if u take it, it shows commitment so thats why?

5 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

yeah they do, but thats just a requirement, so as long as u meet that requirement, they dont look consider that score when determining who to give an interview to. so i agree with u FutureMD-QC, im not sure why they require it honestly:/  maybe if u take it, it shows commitment so thats why?

or maybe the cda lobbies dental faculties to make sure as many people write the test to make $$$.. $40 for 6 soaps lol what a ripoff

Archived