Premed 101 Forums

No more spots for Aug?

masterj

Hello

I am new to taking the MCAT and from Toronto and I am starting to prepare for the MCAT since finals are now over. I didn't think all the spots for august would be pretty full. I wanted to do it in Toronto preferably downtown or north of downtown. I do see there are TBD centres does that mean they may open up more spots or does it just get farther and farther.

Oh if anyone has tips on study schedules and any of that sort, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks for the help ! 

The TBD centers just means they haven't figured out the location yet and but I don't think the number of seats will change once they finalize it. You should however keep checking because people always cancel last minute and a spot will open up. I checked right now and there's one on August 2, didn't check other dates yet. 

You should probably still book a test date that is available for now, in case you don't end up finding an open spot. Rescheduling will cost you but at least if you don't find your ideal date, you'll still be writing the MCAT and be eligible to apply for this cycle if you meet certain cutoffs. 

7 minutes ago, masterj said:

the TBD centres don't have a defined location. If I book for those, I won't know where it would be until they update it?

Thank you for the reply

I had a friend sign up for a TBD location in Toronto last summer and the site turned out to be in Whitby. She tried calling them and they said nothing can be done.

Oh okay, because the TBD says "60km" but it says in Toronto and . It makes me hesitant to pick them. So, I should still sign up for the date I want, then hopefully be able to reschedule to preferred location or wait till the address comes up?

5 minutes ago, masterj said:

Oh okay, because the TBD says "60km" but it says in Toronto and . It makes me hesitant to pick them. So, I should still sign up for the date I want, then hopefully be able to reschedule to preferred location or wait till the address comes up?

Unless you anticipate you'll have significant transportation issues to a distance 60km away, I would prioritize the date/time over location. If you don't end up on top of your studying schedule, you'll want the extra days you can get without rescheduling. I wouldn't even reschedule for a closer location, due to the rescheduling fee, but you may of course do that

Archived