Premed 101 Forums

Final Transcripts and Confirmation of Degree Completion

Hi Everyone, 

This might seem like a really stupid question but I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on this. 

The U of C wants us to send our final official transcripts with any courses taken during fall/winter 2017/2018. I am assuming that for this transcript to be acceptable the grades need to be approved by the dean correct? I ask this because I am from the U of A and although all my grades for this past year are present on my transcript they have not been approved by the dean and so they are termed "unofficial"  until they are approved. When I called the office of the registrar however, they informed me that they might not be approved until early June which leaves me a pretty short window of time to get the transcript to the U of C by the deadline. Has anyone here had any experience with this matter? If anyone here knows or has asked about the final transcripts and whether they need approved grades please let me know!! (I just dont want to wait around for the grades to be approved when they did not need to be as long as they are on the transcript). 

Also, the conditional acceptance states that if you had not completed a degree, but said that you would, you need to provide proof of completion of the degree. Is this with the transcript or is there a different verification of degree form that we have to send in? 

Any help on these matters would be super appreciated!! 

Thanks 

Archived