Premed 101 Forums

CARS/VR Book - Kaplan vs EK?

Mustrauder93

Hi everyone,

I've recently bought the complete 7-book Kaplan set as I've heard it's overall a good set to study from. That said, from what I gather, the EK is almost unanimously the preferred book for the CARS section. Is it worth investing in the EK CARS/VR book if I already have the Kaplan one?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Kaplan CARS wasn't too helpful for me or my friend. I prepared for CARS almost exclusively off online Khan academy questions/scenarios, and other online CARS questions provided by Kaplan. I really feel like doing well on CARS requires 1) pick up on heuristics/rules of thumb that will guide most of your thought process 2) be able to distinguish between what's said and what's implied by the author 3) use highlighting to mark sensitive parts (it should pertain to the things that you would like quick access to)

I ended up getting 129 CARS, despite having a major distraction during the exam (server connection ran out, made us lose a lot of time),. So ultimately, my advice is : do all of KA CARS, Kaplan online CARS, and then some if you can find more. Do the CARS From the previous FL exams, etc. 

Archived