Premed 101 Forums

It's quiet in here

Guest drfunkmd03

Guest drfunkmd03

Come on you guys, post! I'm addicted to this thing.

Few questions cause I'm bored:

1) what all happens at orientation (thurs, friday)?

2) what is this first anatomy quiz i keep hearing about that kills everyone? is it like the lab final from anatomy 210 in undergrad??

Guest saskmedman

It sure is quiet in here. That's why I invented the darn quiz but that seems to be dying off too. Hopefully it picks back up when school starts again in ohhhhh...4 DAYS! Arghhh! Anyway, here's answers for ya:

1) I don't remember orientation that well anymore, it's been 2 years allready! On Thursday you will just sit in this room and listen to the Dean and Associate Deans ramble on about stuff. You'll get your informational package with everything you need in it. Then at some point the SMS (including me!) will wander in and introduce ourselves. Then I believe we take you guys for lunch at Louie's and then you're free for the day. On Friday you get your photo ID picture's taken. There's something else that day but I've completely forgotten.

2) The anatomy quiz is nothing. You must have been talking to one of last year's first years because they all studied for it like it was their LMCC or something. It's just a basic anatomy quiz. If you have no anatomy courses under your belt at all you'll have to study a bit but it's really nothing. Just naming landmarks on bones and stuff. Don't worry about it! And on a related piece of advice, don't listen to any of the second years next year when they tell you how hard first year was. They are all insane! First year is peanuts compared to second year. You can start freaking out in second year, but just enjoy med school this year while you can.

Guest kosmo14

I think one of the days of orientation CMA/MD Management comes in to give thier speil, then give you a free backback so that when you go into an exam and are forced to leave your backpacks in the front you get to spend 2 hours looking for yours afterwards.

I agree with saskmedman on that quiz. Please, whatever you do don't listen to my class. They are a great bunch of people, but a little psycho when it comes to studying and handling stress. First year is not difficult, anyone who tells any different is just trying to scare you. That anatomy quiz is difficult especially for those who have never taken anatomy before, but if you take into context (it is worth 2% of your entire years work, and you will go over everything you cover in the first 2 weeks again a lot slower) then you will realize it is just not worth stressing about.

Have fun this year, make sure you sign up for some of the sports teams.

Hey Everyone, I just made my big move to Saskatoon over the weekend and I'm trying to get everything in order before school starts. Did any of the first years recieve a time-table about what time what classes are with their registration packages?

Guest saskmedman

Sn22, welcome to the big city! I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of you first years, TODAY!!! in approximately 2 hours, but I guess you're all there already. By the time you will read this you will have your time table for next week and the rest of your year, so I don't need to tell you about that.

I'm still sure they need to buy microscopes, but I guess we'll just wait and see. I'll find out if I can while I'm at school today.

Rod

Archived