Premed 101 Forums

USask questions

Guest Lactic Folly

Guest Lactic Folly

-As I understand it, the class of 2007 has a traditional curriculum with PBL, clinical skills training, and time for self-directed learning. Any word on more changes for the class of 2008?

-Will there be a tour after the interview?

-Anyone been able to get confirmation of receipt of references?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to visiting Saskatoon. :) I hear the campus is beautiful.

As far as I know, Phase A (first year) for class of 2008 will be very similar to what we had this year (class of 2007). We have basic science lectures in the morning every day from 8:30-12:30. Once a week, we have professional skills in the afternoon from 1:30 to 4:30, where we learn clinical skills (interviewing, general physical examination, neurological examination). Also we have case study once every two weeks in ther afternoon (this may be increased for next year). I don't know if there is a formal tour set up with the interview. You can probably call the admissions office to confirm reciept of your references. Hope that helps.

Guest RageoftheDragon

Hey Lactic Folly,

Where are you from? When is your interview? I'm sure one of the first years would try volunteer the time to show you around, or another interviewee from U of S.

RotD

Guest Lactic Folly

I'll be arriving from Edmonton early tomorrow for my interview on Saturday morning (leaving afternoon), so I'll probably use the time in between to wander about the buildings. If there are students hanging about the interview area, I might like to talk though :)

Guest Lactic Folly

Thanks for the offer- unfortunately couldn't take you up on it, but I enjoyed my visit :) Only school to provide me water in the interview room (when it actually mattered ;) ), plus it was great to have lots of medical students available beforehand to mingle and ask questions. Good luck to all interviewees!

Archived