Premed 101 Forums

Kosmo:

Guest nonce

Guest nonce

Hello,

I was wondering if you could give me some more advice. I have an interview at Western next week. The faculty member on my panel for the U of S interview is a biochem prof (I talked to a friend in med school, he told me). B/c i've gone through the interview once, I really wanted to find out what else I could change, things I could do better etc. for the western interview. As such, I was thinking of contacting the biochem prof, and asking him if he may be able to give me a mock interview.......perhaps he may remember some things that he would've changed about my interview etc.....i definately dont want to know HOW i did, or if i passed or whatever, just some general things so that I can improve my interview for western. He may even not remember me (im sure he won't, he probably had 30 ppl he saw....)....

Anyways, my question is, do you think that it would be inappropriate to approach/contact him?

Thanks man

nonce

Guest Ian Wong

No offense, but that sounds like a terrible idea. :) I don't think you can really ask a faculty member involved in the interviewing process of one medical school to help you prepare for an interview at a second medical school (particularly if you are still waiting on acceptance results!). I just don't believe you would get a positive reaction to that request, and my unsolicited opinion is that you don't even try.

Maybe see if one of your friends can give you a mock interview, particularly if they've been through med school interviews themselves. Even if they haven't, you'll still likely get some good feedback as to whether your answers came out logically and coherently, and whether there's any mannerisms or nervousness that you'll need to work on further.

Ian

Guest RageoftheDragon

Hey Nonce,

I didn't know anyone else from Usask was heading out.

When are you going out to London, and when is your interview? I'm heading out there Friday for myself, despite that my interview is Sunday. I figure I'll have some time to see the city that way.

RotD

Guest nonce

Hey RotD,

Im going out saturday...my interview is sunday morning....

if you dont mind me asking, where are you staying? I've yet to find a hotel near the university....any suggestions?

Im not too worried, i dont believe london is so big that it would be impossible for me to get to the interview, even if i had to stay downtown....but it would be nice to have an extra 45 min of sleep!

Guest RageoftheDragon

Hey, I'ma staying at something called the Spencer Conference Centre. 95/nite, which included breakfast (yay, reheated muffins). It's described as a 25 min. walk from campus, or 5 min. drive. 1-800-983-6523 to book a room, or 519-679-4546...I think I used the first one (yay, early onset alzheimer's).

RotD

Guest nonce

thats actually where im staying as well....i phoned the place recommended by lactic folly in the previous post, but it was full...they gave me the number to spencer conf. center.....weird though...i think im paying 125$ or something like that....definately over 100$.....

Guest kosmo14

I probably wouldn't ask that particular prof. to do a mock for you unless you know them very well. Like Ian said you might be better off getting some friends to do it.

Archived