Premed 101 Forums

This year's pool

Guest blobbo123

Guest blobbo123

Does anyone have any info on this years interview pool like total applicants (in and out of province), number of interviews etc? Any OOP heading there this weekend on this board?

Guest RageoftheDragon

I believe that's classified information...so I'll wait till after the interviews are done before I put it on. Wouldn't want anyone FREAKING OUT!!!!

RotD

Guest RageoftheDragon

Yeah, I guess it isn't so classified anymore. The pool of interviewees totals 160 this year, the highest it's been in the past few years. Close to 3 applicants for 1 spot. I'm thinking the lowered MCAT standards are helping that.

Hey Kosmo, I hope I don't get that interviewer described in the other forum, who kept interrupting and such. I have a feeling I'll override the bugger and come off as overconfident. Ah well. And as for tormenting me next year, you already do that now. Stay outta my office!!!:P

RotD

If it makes you guys feel any better about the applicant pool, I've heard that a few people cancelled their interviews after U of A sent out their acceptance letters (dunno if they were residents or OOP though).

Guest RageoftheDragon

Yeah, What I had heard was the full pool. Apparently 168 were interviewed. 31 for the 5/6 OOP spots, and 137 for the 55 in province. Odds aren't so bad as I first thought. Hope everyone's experience was good.

RotD

Archived