Premed 101 Forums

RotD

Guest nonce

Guest nonce

Hey man,

You said you that you have an interview at UWO, right?

Im wondering, what have you done to keep up with the events occurring in London (or, Ontario in general for that matter)?

I mean, i dont know a whole lot about the place.....and im sure they will wonder why I would want to go there over Sask (which i dont, but that wouldnt sound too good now would it :D )

THe only things i know is that London is a smilar size to Sask (i know, it is a little larger, but i hear that the style of life there is simialr, as far as the size and the stress and what not). I have a few reasons why I would like UWO (they study in blocks, they have self directed learning, but its not the only/primary way of learning, seems to be a very close knit class..may have to do with the size, not sure)

But im sure that the interviewers will want to know if im aware of things in the city, wont they? Or, at the very least, things that are important in Ontario..unfortunately, i dont have a whole lot of ideas on this part....

Do you know about Bill 8? What is the deal? I hear it has to do with accountability, but is being disputed b/c of its potential to open up a route to P3 hospitals.....these are things i've read but i dont know anything else......

Any info that you've come across that maybe useful?

Guest RageoftheDragon

I'm afraid I can't help you too much Nonce, I'm at about the same place you are. Alot of my desire for Ontario itself is political in nature. There's also the fact that health funding in Ontario is simply better, and I feel that would give alot more opportunities throughout one's career as a physician. As for London, hit the tourism site up. It has some neat little tidbits, like apparently London has the most shopping per capita for a city in north america. I'da thought Montreal myself.

I think the banquet on Friday/Saturday will be benefical in picking up some tidbits about the school. The pride the people seem to show it, which is great, will probably come out and give us some good insight into how it differs from out here.

Oh, and Ontario has more cultural opportunities that I like, such as the biggest highland games in Canada (North America?) just outside Ottawa. Proximity to some of the largest population centres on earth means access to cultural resources, and other resources/opportunities in general.

Such is my longwinded 2 cents.

RotD

Archived