Premed 101 Forums

early acceptance?

Guest juniper

Guest juniper

does UofS send early acceptance letters out? if so, is it only to 4th yr/degree students...sort of like UA? i heard one of my friends friends (i know...6th degre sort of thing) got an early acceptance from UofS...i am hoping he's bluffing, but if u guys know anything...

thanks y'all

Guest kosmo14

I believe U of S does not send out early acceptances. As far as I know they all go out around the same time (mid June to end of June). I asked a friend who is third year med and she said she has never heard of anyone getting an early acceptance. This is how the process was explained to me: basically, put all of your numbers into the computer (2 yr. average, interview score) and it spits out the order of rank. The admissions committee is then presented with the list and they go down the list review the info. of each individual (without thier name) and then approve the individuals to be accepted. These individuals are then notified of thier acceptance. It is concievable that the people at the top of the list would recieve notification earlier, but not much. I do know a guy who recieved his acceptance around the 10th of July, but that is probably not what anyone here wants to hear. Once again I know people who were involved with the admissions committee up until last year and this is how they explained it to me, so I don't guarantee the accuracy of the information, it may have changed.

Guest Patriots11

What kind of information can they review? We didnt write any essays or list any activities on the application. Would they just review interview comments in combination with reference letters?

Guest kosmo14

Hey patriot11 I have not idea what kind of info. they review other than our marks, interview, and possibly ref. letters. To me it seems pretty cut and dry, and from those I have talked to that have been involved in the past they say that is the case. I just wonder why it takes so long, oh well, I am going golfing so have a good day.

Guest Patriots11

Kosmo,

Good to see someone else in the "premed" community golfs. I have played competitive golf for a few years now and been ridiculed by my "science" friends. In order to be a good doctor you must be intelligent, build rapport with patients and sink every three footer you encounter.

Guest kosmo14

Yes Patriots11 I love to golf, but it usually takes me until august until I can break 90, so I imagine I am not up to your calibre. My game the other day was terrible, didn't even break 100, but it was the first, and was nice to get out. I figured that I needed to learn to golf if I was going to be a good doctor, so I tried it out about 5 years ago and it stuck (just kidding about the good doctor part, lol). Well, if you are every looking for someone to play with just email me I am always on the look out for someone new to kick my butt. As far as science people ridiculing you for golfing, my friends do too, but the way I figure they will be golfing at some point when they are old and retired, and by then I should be good enough to supplement my retirement income by taking thiers.

Archived