Premed 101 Forums

How Will We Be Notified

Guest nibhoshk

Guest nibhoshk

Hey,

I was just wondering how U of T is notifying applicants this year about their final status? Will it be through email or regular mail. Will we able to call the admissions office on May 31th?

Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone waiting.:)

Guest 0T6

Hey, I was bored (again) last night so I was looking at when people found out in the accepted thread and it looks like this:

2002 - Monday June 3

2003 - Monday June 2

2004 - Tuesday June 1 (May 31, by calling in)

So it looks like they do mail out on May 31, in the morning I guess since people got it delivered next day. In terms of calling, I really don't think Leslie Taylor would be too happy with 450 phone calls to handle.

That's why they should all go email like Ottawa :)

Guest Procuitto

At the interview session Leslie Taylor specified that we should not, under any circumstances, call until at least the end of the first week in June if we haven't heard anything.

Guest PaniDoktor

Please don't call Leslie unless you have a REALLY good reason, like you are leaving the country and no one will pick up your mail! She is such a nice lady and it really would not be kind to swamp her just because you HAVE to know.

That being said, I remember being in your shoes last year and remeber how slowly May dragged and how it seemed that knowing on Monday vs. Wednesday would change my life. It's tough, but if you hold back from calling, which is the considerate thing to do, you will be glad that you did. Make it a personal challenge! In your future profession you will often have to put your needs second to those of your patients, so this is a good time to start practicing!

Those few days WILL be the toughest days, but it is only a few days after all. It may help to know that most likely the earliest you will get anything is Friday June 3, and most people will receive their mail after the weekend. Even the Torontonians should not expect the mail too early! So keep that in mind and don't even think about getting anything on June 1st or 2nd, because likely you won't. Remember that and you will remain a bit more sane in those days.

I wish you all the best of luck! In the meantime, don't forget to live, don't obsess, and enjoy the summer! :D

Archived