Premed 101 Forums

Parking options around Roger Guindon

Guest 2010iatros

Guest 2010iatros

Hi there:

This is my first post, so be gentle.

I’ve been accepted into the UO med program (anglo. stream)! Needless to say, I’m extremely excited about the whole thing. Congratulations to all of you, who also have received an offer; and best of luck to those of you on the waitlist. To those not getting off the list this year, don’t despair; I was on the list last year and made it through this year.

This posting is, however, addressed primarily to students already in the program at UO.

I won’t be living near the Roger Guindon campus and will be bringing my car to Ottawa. Therefore, I’ll be looking for some parking at, or near campus.

Are there any parking location options, other than that of the UO parking lot (at a better price), which are not to far from the hospital/campus?

:D

Guest satsumargirl

Hey,

Congratulations!

There are no other parking options that I am aware of. RGN is not really near anything. The residential streets nearby have no parking since they are so close to the hospital. And a little further you can find parking but it is only for an hour or so, so doesn`t really help.

If you for some reason can`t get an RGN pass there is a rehab lot accross from the RGN lot (so same distance) but I think the monthly rate is a little bit more.

So it sucks paying so much to park, but there isn`t much choice and in the end it is only a small part of the debt we all get into during med school.

Sats

Guest Dr Loves to Laugh

I used my mom's car for three weeks and so bought a parking pass for the general hospital. It cost $92.50/30 days which I think is less than the university one though not by much. You can also buy weekly ones but I don't know the cost. They both start on the day that you buy them and end 30 days or 7 days later respectively. This was last summer so things may have changed but you just need to go to the information desk near the main entrance and ask. Hope this helps!

Guest Dr Loves to Laugh

Oh well! Someone told me it was $105/month when I couldn't find it on any website. I guess they were wrong and now I wish I hadn't listened :\ Oh well, what's done is done. I don't drive often enough for it to matter. Sorry about all that!

Guest Talon01

miss83,

If you plan on being at RGN for June, July and August (whether your plan on volunteering, working, etc) then it would be best to purchase a full year pass. Have you considered purchasing a academic year pass and then if for some reason you plan to spend a lot of time at RGN for the summer purchasing a summer pass? Even though it might cost a few extra dollars doing it that way, it's probably better than purchasing a full year pass and end up not using it for June, July and August.

Guest satsumargirl

Hey,

Since I wasn't sure what I would be doing for the summer, I bought the academic year pass. But that then means that you have to just buy an extra month for May (since the regular academic year is for 8 and not 9 months). But since I am working at the general this summer I bought one for the summer term.

So...unless you know you will be here for the whole 12 months then you are probably better off getting just the academic year and buying an extra month for May.

Sats

Archived