Premed 101 Forums

Maintaining GPA

Guest readysetmed

Guest readysetmed

Hi everyone,

Just wondering:

UofT's cut off (cGPA) was a 3.6. Just wondering if we have to keep that cumulative average up (at a 3.6) MINIMUM to keep an offer of acceptance?

Thanks

Any help from the moderators would be much appreciated:)

Guest ttryit

Hey ready, sorry to piggyback a question off yours but it is kind of relevant.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether we need to send in updated transcripts following this current set of exams.

tt.

I was wondering the same thing, and sorry I don't have the link ready but somewhere in the archives (Around April-June 2004) someone said that they spoke to Leslie Taylor and she said they only look at previours years grades.

That said, if you look at the detailed admissions info on the site, it says that if you're in 3rd or 4th year, you have to fulfill the requirements of the 3rd year of your program or all your degree requirements, respectively.

But yes, confirmation from mods would be appreciated :)

*bump*

Can any of the mods please confirm that they don't consider your year-of-application GPA, and just require that you complete your degree requirements for that year of your program? Thanks!

EDIT: I got the notion that current-year GPA doesn't matter from these two threads:

pub125.ezboard.com/fpreme...=644.topic

p084.ezboard.com/fpremed1...=753.topic

Guest endingsoon

I can confirm that they do not look at you current years GPA. The only requirements are that you must either be finished your degree or be finishing your third year of a four year degree.

Guest brownthug

what happens if you have a couple of "low" marks (aka 60s & 70s) in your final (4th) year?

Does this significantly jeapordize admission?

(I just finished my last exam and am now officially done my undergrad, but that last exam didn't go too well hehe)

I had my U of T interview in March.

Thanks for any info, cheers

Guest Platinum84

Although I wasn't interviewed at U of T, I have a friend who got in last year and he told me that he did horribly on his finals and didn't have his admission revoked.

If I remember correctly, he got 60-something as a final mark in one of his courses...

Not that this is definitive or anything - but it may help you breathe a bit easier :)

Archived